Wednesday 13 February 2013

Balloons

We kiss
            And I squeeze out
My lungs
            Into her own
And fill her
            With my thoughts
Picked up
            By my breath
Delicate as paper


And then
She bursts
And her skin
            Falls
            Down


And I cannot smell
            The morning’s coffee
                        Passive smoke
                        Fermented conversations
                        Loss


She is only skin
                        Again
She is only colour
            Torn open
She was always wrong
She was never right
            For       My red thoughts
                        My blue thoughts
                        My yellow thoughts
                        My white thoughts
                        My orange thoughts 
                        My green thoughts
                        Me


She is nothing now, but I think of her lips
            Lashed together with ribbon
And I remember how we argued so often
            You and I
And we shouted our love and hate
Into my passing breath
Into my mistress’ lips
                        Lashed to you
                                    Together with ribbon
Two halves of an argument
Red
And blue
Bouncing
Together 

 
You don’t know
What I told her.
My love.
            My loss.
What I whispered into her lips
                                    With my breath
                                    What I lament with the sharp tip of my pen

No comments:

Post a Comment